About HomeSchool in Houston
WELCOME to our information hub, HomeSchool In Houston: Where Kids Are Parent-Taught and Naturally-Socialized (SM)!
We help you find Homeschooling-related information.
HomeSchool In Houston exists to serve the needs of all homeschoolers in Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, and Waller Counties in the state of Texas.
We provide information about classes, co-ops, sports, playgroups, events, and legal and political happenings. We also help you locate curricula and schooling supplies as well as web-based resources.
All for free.
What we are:
We are a Christian-owned and operated, directory of resources available for homeschooling families in the Greater Houston Metropolitan Area . Our goal is to be a central clearing house for information, and resources that Houston-area homeschoolers use. Our mission is to support and encourage our homeschooling families by ensuring that they have knowledge about and easy access to the services they need.
How we came to be:
Like most useful things, HomeSchoolinHouston.com started out as a wish. One homeschooling mom, frustrated with the difficulty of finding things in the Houston area for her kids, said "I wish that there was one place to go where you could just look things up!" And so HomeSchool in Houston.com came to be. Playing on her wish, we are building a directory targeted at Houston-area homeschoolers. Here you will be able not only to find a teacher, but also get news, learn about activities and happenings, and connect with other Homeschooling families in our chat area called The Family Room.
What exactly do we offer:
We Help You Find:
- Individual Tutors, and Professional Teachers who offer tutoring services
- Specialized Professionals such as Counselors
- Businesses that offer recreational services such as Dance and Gymnastics
- Sports Teams, Bands and Societies
- Homeschool Associations
- Churches that offer extracurricular and summer activities
- Book and Curricula providers
- News and Events
- Updated information on changing laws that impact homeschoolers in Texas
- On-line discussion and support groups
What DON'T we do
HomeSchool In Houston does not
- Teach or facilitate classes
- Hire teachers
- Hire tutors
- Broker agreements for parents
- Sell products
- Sell service
What you can do:
If you are a Service Provider you can help by:
1. Signing Up! Signing up is free and your entry will stay in our database for two years unless you tell us otherwise. Your entry will be displayed whenever a homeschooler searches for the category or categories that you listed.
2. If you feel like you might benefit from having a web site, let our partner Genesis One and One Studios help you get online and thrive. You can't beat the price or the quality.
If you are a homeschooling family you can help by:
1. Helping us expand our database. Just recommend us to service providers that you have used in the past so they can be listed here.
2. Use HomeSchool In Houston.com when you need to find a Service Provider. HomeSchool In Houston is free to search. No registration required.